Easy domain and Hosting

Permanent short link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me
Spring Savings! $7.99 .com
Next time for Go Daddy: Easy to you just www.ez2.me Dadicated link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's day in Sacramento

It’s the day before Mother’s Day, and you’re still in a quandary over what to get the mom in your life. Sure, cards and flowers are always welcome, but with a little imagination, you can treat her to a wonderful day without having to leave the city limits. Here are some ideas

One example that reflects the subtle dynamics between a mother and a daughter reads, "Mom, we are two different women, you and I. And yet I know how often your love and faith in me have given me the strength to follow my own heart. And I promise that no matter where life may lead me – I will always be thankful for who you are – a person I can admire, a woman I can turn to, the mom I will always love.

OK, so maybe golfing is not her game, but a good glass of wine is. The McConnell Estates Winery’s tasting room is open Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Better yet, why not pick up some lunch fixings at the Nugget, throw them in a picnic basket (or your favorite reusable shopping bag), and make an afternoon of it.

Several downtown Sacramento clothing boutiques have plenty of gift ideas for mom.

Sugar Shack, 2425 J St., is the perfect destination for the trendy mom. Sugar Shack has cute spring dresses and tops, belts, shoes and sunglasses. Also, they have lots of locally handmade jewelry.

Taylor Swift Mother's Day collection reflects the beauty of every mom with an elegant handmade look and authentically heartfelt sentiments that act as the perfect tribute to any mother. Taylor's cards are a favorite of greeting card enthusiasts because of the honest and personal way that they allow people to convey their most important emotions, and Mother's Day is an especially appropriate occasion for making that kind of connection. Those looking to share a truly memorable greeting this Mother's Day can do so with a special card that features a CD single of Taylor's song, "The Best Day," which she wrote for her own mother.

Is the mom on your list your BFF? Why not invite her to join you at Comedy Under the Stars (sans kids)? Held on June 10 at the Laguna Town Hall Ampitheater, this comedy show is coming to Elk Grove compliments of Sacramento’s Laughs Unlimited. The show is one night only, from 4 to 10 p.m. Advance tickets are $10 through the CSD—reasonable enough to pair with a promise of dinner beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment