Easy domain and Hosting

Permanent short link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me
Spring Savings! $7.99 .com
Next time for Go Daddy: Easy to you just www.ez2.me Dadicated link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me

Monday, July 4, 2011

Bangkok residents react to Pheu Thai victory

Thaksin Shinawatra, former Thai prime minister and brother of Yingluck, said reconciliation in Thailand was more important than his return to the country after five years in exile.
"I am not in a hurry to go back, I want to see the reconciliation to happen first, if there is reconciliation and I can be part of the solution then I will be there, if I will be part of the problem then I will not be there. I am settled here," he said.
"I forgive everyone for their five years continued attack or whatever they have done to me and I ask them to forgive me as well, if they are not satisfied with something I have done or whatever. That is if I can help bring my supporters to come together to reconcile with those who are, who may not understand me, or who might have misunderstood me in the past, I am ready to do that," he added.
Asked about the exact role he would take if he went back, he insisted that he would only go back if needed, perhaps as an advisor.

Also Yingluck Shinawatra could become the first female prime minister of Thailand, after her party won Sunday's general election.

Opposition party Pheu Thai has won a landslide victory with an estimated 265 seats.

The party's leader is the sister of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra who was deposed in a military coup in 2006.

Bangkok residents expressed mixed views about her party's victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment