Easy domain and Hosting

Permanent short link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me
Spring Savings! $7.99 .com
Next time for Go Daddy: Easy to you just www.ez2.me Dadicated link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Jimmy Kimmel cracks wise at Washington’s ‘Nerd Prom’


WASHINGTON – President Obama got the first — and biggest — laughs at the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night.


He poked fun at some of Hollywood's top stars, including Kim Kardashian, the cast of Glee and Donald Trump, sending him up with a seemingly serious allusion to the attack on Osama bin Laden, which took place during last year's dinner.
"My fellow Americans, we gather during a historic anniversary. Last year at this time, in fact on this very weekend, we finally delivered justice to one of the world's most notorious individuals," Obama told the audience of journalists and celebs before showing an unflattering photo of Trump on the big screens inside the ballroom of the Washington Hilton.


In the middle of his routines, the great Mort Sahl would say: “Is there anybody here I haven’t offended? I’ll get to you in a minute.”


Kimmel got to just about everybody – political celebrities (Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich), media celebrities (Rupert Murdoch and Keith Olbermann), celebrity celebrities (Lindsay Lohan and Kim Kardashian). But it was in ways that merely tip-toed to the edge of personal insult, his dagger more rubber than steel.


Mr. and Mrs. Obama weren’t spared.


"I know you won't be able to laugh at my jokes about the Secret Service,” Kimmel said to the President. “Please cover your ears, if that's physically possible."


It’s great to be here this evening in the vast, magnificent Hilton ballroom – or what Mitt Romney would call a little fixer-upper."


"Look at this party. We’ve got men in tuxes, women in gowns, fine wine, first-class entertainment. I was just relieved to learn this was not a GSA conference."


"I want to especially thank all the members [of Congress] who took a break from their exhausting schedule of not passing any laws to be here tonight."


"I have a lot more material prepared, but I have to get the Secret Service home in time for their new curfew.

No comments:

Post a Comment